In my recent LinkedIn article on Five Cognitive Biases to Beware of in Strategy Development I describe how the way in which our thinking deviates from rationality in everyday life can affect the way we develop strategy. From ‘loss aversion’ to ‘hyperbolic discounting’, these biases need to be kept in check if we are to develop strategies that are both rigorous and fit-for-purpose.
- 5 strategies to implement now for post-recession recovery
- Envisioning the future for strategic planning
- Strategy, once the crisis is over: three lessons from the writings of Richard Rumelt
- Five ways your strategy might fail… and the practical steps you can take to ensure they don’t happen
- The measurement of strategy – giving strategy superpowers!