- Your strategy isn’t measurable* – making its impact unknown and its progress invisible;
- Your strategy is mis-aligned – your front-line teams are pulling in multiple different directions;
- Your strategy over-reaches – it tries to be all things to all people and ends up lacking focus and specificity;
- Your strategy isn’t delegated – your middle managers aren’t engaged enough to drive through the necessary change;
- Your strategy is impotent – it doesn’t drive enough people to take enough action to make a difference.
Read the full article on ‘Five ways your strategy might fail …‘, or see my previous LinkedIn articles on:
- The measurement of strategy – giving strategy superpowers!
- Turning Strategy into a Manageable Process with Strategy Mapping
- Four Benefits of Strategy Mapping
- Six Secrets of Strategy Mapping
*Our next (free) webinar at 12.00pm on 02 April 2020 focusses on making your strategy measurable. Entitled ‘Why strategies fail: Are you confusing targets with KPIs?’, we will explore a practical step-by-step process for devising, validating and governing strategic KPIs.